Medical education is a core focus of the AMA. Medical students, residents and fellows can find tips and tools for success, and practicing physicians can find CME courses and other means of continuing their professional and personal development.
News & Events
Watch the CHANGEMEDED 2015 videos
- Curriculum Revision as an Organizational Change Problem—how medical schools are implementing massive curricular and organizational change
Featured Speaker: Rajesh Mangrulkar, MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Delivering Care to a Diverse Population—how medical schools are preparing students for an increasingly diverse patient population
Read the latest stories on medical education from AMA Wire®.
AMA Career Planning Resource
Developed by a vetted physician panel, this easy-to-navigate resource features information to help medical students, residents, fellows and young physicians transition from medical school to residency and from residency to practice.
AMA Education Center
Find and participate in CME activities that provide you with clinical, practice and professional education designed to enhance patient care and professional growth.
Access resources on the AMA CME Credit System for providers and physicians. Find requirements for designating new procedures, information on international activities and more.
FREIDA Online®, the AMA Residency & Fellowship Database™
FREIDA Online, the AMA Residency & Fellowship Database, features profiles of over 10,000 ACGME-accredited graduate medical education training programs. Learn about programs and institutions nationwide to simplify the selection process.
AMA Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium
The AMA is working to create the medical school of the future and has selected 32 medical schools to become part of the Accelerating Change in Medical Education Consortium and transform physician education. Read about the consortium's solutions and outcomes.
Additional Educational Resources
Get Involved With the AMA:
- Council on Medical Education: Read about the educational policies this council recommends to the AMA House of Delegates and apply for nomination for important leadership positions in key medical education organizations.
- Academic Physicians Section: Participate in forming AMA policy and network with your academic physician colleagues from medical schools nationwide at our 2 yearly meetings.
- Academic Leadership Program: Academic institutions can join the AMA as a group for discounted membership.
- Save GME: Learn more about getting involved in this AMA-sponsored initiative to save federal funding for graduate medical education.
Resources for Careers in Medicine:
- Requirements for Becoming a Physician: Find information and fact sheets to guide students interested in medical and health care careers.
- Introduction to the Practice of Medicine: Access this interactive, Web-based educational series to help residents and their institutions develop the competencies required by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Medical Licensure: Find up-to-date information on licensure requirements across all U.S. states and jurisdictions.
- Managing Medical Student Loans: Locate Information on managing student loans and understand payment options.
- Finding a Position in the Medical Profession: Get practical tips on writing a CV, interviewing for jobs, understanding employment contracts and more.
- Find a Vacant Residency or Fellowship Position: Search for positions in programs that are recruiting residents who have completed a year or more of training.
- AMA Journal of Ethics: Read a monthly bioethics e-journal that focuses on a themed set of cases with commentary.
Email your questions or comments to the AMA Medical Education Group.