Senior Physicians Section
Learn more about the benefits of belonging to the AMA Senior Physicians Section. Join the nearly 55,000 senior physician group members and remain active and involved in the AMA medical community.
- New! Online registration for the 2015 SPS Annual Meeting opens March 23. Please plan to attend the SPS Assembly and Educational Session scheduled for June 6 in Chicago. This year’s keynote speaker, Glen O. Gabbard, MD, Clinical College of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine, will speak on The Aging Physician: Possibilities and Perils. The facilitator for the program will be Nancy W. Dickey, MD, former AMA President.
- New! The Online Member Forum is scheduled to open April 6. Review and comment on AMA-SPS resolutions in advance of the virtual AMA-SPS meeting through April 17. Participate in the virtual AMA-SPS Assembly via conference call on April 23. Sign up by Monday, April 20 to receive dial-in information.
- Submit an SPS Resolution by March 30 for a policy position that you believe the AMA-SPS should support.
- Subscribe to AMA Morning Rounds Weekend Edition to receive a members-only compilation of top AMA, clinical and socioeconomic news from the week, and news for the AMA Senior Physicians Section. Be sure to indicate that you would like to receive news for the AMA Senior Physicians Section.
- Travel Opportunities are now available for 2015 through AHI Travel, a travel provider selected by the AMA for its members. View the 2015 travel program lineup.
- View the program description and register for access on the Learning Management System for the June 2013 Joint Educational Program in Chicago entitled "The Aging Physician: Opportunities and Challenges."
- The AMA Insurance Agency offers customized solutions for your personal and professional needs. View new products and get a rate quote.
About the AMA-SPS
Any AMA physician 65 years of age or older is an automatic member of the Senior Physicians Section (SPS). The AMA-SPS is the largest senior physician group in the United States.
Staying active and involved
- Interested in returning back to practice? The AMA has developed re-entry resources that can help get you started. In addition, the AMA-SPS Governing Council would be interested in your feedback. Are you interested in full-time practice? Part-time? Free Clinics? Teaching? Let us know what resources would benefit you most at this stage of your career.
- Learn the facts about health system reform, and review the latest developments on the AMA's Advocacy Efforts
- Volunteer Opportunities for seniors
- A copy of the State Licensing & Liability Laws, updated in August 2014, is available upon request. Please sent an e-mail to email@example.com if you are interested in receiving a copy.
Call to action
Dr. Samuel A. Cassell, MD, the Jack B. McConnell, MD Award winner, was recently honored at the Excellence in Medicine Award Reception in June 2014. He is pictured alongside Dr. Edmond Cabbabe, AMA Foundation President.
Contact us at:
AMA Department of Senior Physicians Section
330 N Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone (312) 464-5523