Resources for physicians entering into an employment contract
The AMA has numerous valuable resources for its members to help you negotiate the best contract possible. Resources include:
Model Contract Agreements with Sample Copy: Annotated employment agreements, complimentary to members, provide thorough descriptions of basic contract terms typically found in agreements, as well as in-depth explanations of the significance of such provisions and language that benefits the physician employee.
- Annotated Model Physician-Group Practice Employment Agreement
The AMA is pleased to offer a new resource, the Annotated Model Physician-Group Practice Employment Agreement, for physicians, group practice owners, and their respective professional advisors who want to be prepared to negotiate such employment agreements. This valuable resource provides a thorough description of basic contract terms typically found in employment agreements, in-depth explanations of the significance of such provisions, and model contract provisions.
- Annotated Model Physician-Hospital Employment Agreement
This valuable resource addresses the specific needs of physicians who are preparing to negotiate employment contracts with hospitals or related entities.
Contracting Webinars: Numerous members-only educational webinars and vodcasts are available to provide presentations that you can access at your convenience. Topics include:
- Negotiate with Confidence: Know What's in Your Contract: Health care attorneys provided insight on how to negotiate a physician employment contract agreement. View the Presentation.
- Contracting 101: You Get What You Negotiate
- Physician Employment Contracts: Catherine Hanson, JD, AMA Vice President, Advocacy Resource Center
Additional webinars can be found online in the AMA webinar archives and in the "Succeeding from Medical School to Practice" video library.