The AMA-MSS is composed of seven geographic regions. AMA-MSS regions are responsible for:
- providing a structure for the election of Regional Delegates;
- providing students with a home within the AMA-MSS;
- serving as a communication unit for the AMA-MSS;
- providing a means to foster collaboration between AMA-MSS sections and state medical student sections; and
- facilitating interaction between new sections and well-established sections.
Each AMA-MSS region is governed by a Region Chair and a Region Vice Chair. A number of regions elect additional leaders to assist in accomplishing the goals of the region.
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington (WWAMI), Wyoming
Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Wisconsin
Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee
Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia
Delaware, District of Columbia, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont