Medical students are represented in the AMA through their own democratic, policy-making body: the American Medical Association - Medical Student Section (AMA-MSS).
The AMA-MSS is dedicated to representing medical students, improving medical education, developing leadership, and promoting activism for the health of America.
The AMA-MSS strives to be the medical students' leading voice for improving medical education, advancing health care and advocating for the future of medicine.
With projects, programs, and activities, the AMA-MSS will pursue being:
- The leading medical student organization for advancing issues of public wellness, community service, ethics, and health policy;
- The principal source for obtaining and disseminating information for medical students regarding medical education, residency training, and medical practice;
- The most representative voice and influential advocate for medical students and their patients;
- A dynamic organization that provides value to its medical student members.
- Advocacy: Caring advocates for our patients, our profession, and our medical student members.
- Leadership: The stewards of the future of medicine.
- Excellence: Commitment to provide the highest quality service, products, and information for our members.
- Integrity: Ethical behavior forms the basis for trust in all our relationships and actions.
The MSS has many levels of leadership spanning the local, state, and national levels. Read more to see if one of these positions are right for you!