With summer getting underway, make sure you include planning for the unpredictable. A new travel insurance plan designed especially for physicians and their families now is available through a new partnership between AMA Insurance and Travel Guard®. The Travel Guard® Deluxe Plus Plan, sponsored by the AMA, offers exclusive benefits to physicians and their families, including:
- Exclusive TSA PreÖ® Offer—purchasers are eligible to receive a waiver of the TSA PreÖ application fee. If approved by the TSA, travelers enjoy an expedited security screening experience that helps take the stress out of travel with no need to remove shoes, laptops, liquids, belts or light jackets.
- Pre-trip assistance, including health advisories, cultural inquiries and customs information.
- One-of-a-kind security features, including meet and greet, secure transportation, and customized security reports.
- Access to the AIG Travel Assistance mobile app, which offers travel alerts, country reports and medical and security data.
- Passport expediting.
- Luggage delivery service.
- Travel re-booking assistance.
- Concierge services, such as pet assistance and home assistance.
Physicians who are insured in the AMA-Sponsored Travel Guard Deluxe Plus Plan also can gain a full year of access to concierge assistance services.
Travel Guard plans cover travelers for emergency medical needs, trip cancellation and interruption, and baggage loss. Insurance plans also offer 24/7 instant access to assistance services around the globe. Travel Guard’s global reach and assistance centers are staffed by coordinators who speak more than 40 languages to help travelers solve problems and manage risks worldwide.
Learn more about Travel Guard products and services online or by calling Travel Guard’s World Service Center at (866) 401-8273.