Support the AMA Foundation
Donate to help improve the health of our nation.
Donate as an Individual
- Donate Online: Make your annual, recurring or one-time gift safely and securely using our online donation form.
- By Mail: Annual, recurring or one-time gifts can be made by mail in response to direct mail solicitations, or simply by mailing a check (made payable to the American Medical Association Foundation) to:
American Medical Association Foundation 330 North Wabash Avenue, Suite 39-300 Chicago, Illinois 60611
- Make a Planned Gift: A charitable gift through a will, trust, IRA or insurance can help you achieve your financial and estate planning goals.
- Donate Stocks, Securities, Mutual Funds: If you own appreciated securities (stocks, bonds or mutual funds held by you for more than 1 year), donating them to the AMA Foundation may allow you to reduce or avoid more capital gains taxes and receive a federal income tax charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the contributed stock.
At your request, gifts can be made in honor or memory of an individual, and the AMA Foundation will send a card notifying the honoree.
Donate as a corporation
Corporate gifts help build partnerships which develop high-impact initiatives that make a profound difference in improving the quality, access and delivery of our nation’s health.
Types of donations
- Unrestricted Gifts: This type of donation benefits the programs we work to support every year, including our public health initiatives that fund free health care clinics and the awards and grants that benefit medical students.
- Restricted Endowment: Endowment gifts provide the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy through support of an endowment fund. A gift to an endowment is invested and the return on this investment supports AMA Foundation programs and initiatives. The investment of the remaining returns allows the fund to continue to grow in perpetuity and ensures its value for future generations.
The AMA Foundation has a formal gift acceptance policy, which is used in evaluating all contributions.
The policy governs the acceptance of all gifts to the Foundation and provides guidance to prospective donors and their advisors when making gifts to the Foundation. When warranted, the AMA Foundation Gift Acceptance Committee will review certain gifts before determining whether the gift can be accepted.
Additional Ways to Make a Gift
Do you need help developing your own legacy and charitable financial plan? AMA Insurance offers a new Charitable Financial Planning program through our Physicians Financial Partners. This program helps physicians with planned giving, including private foundations, charitable reminder and lead trusts, donor advised funds and life insurance.
Want to make a difference while you shop online? Visit AmazonSmile and a portion of your total will support the AMA Foundation. You can also choose to make a legacy gift to the AMA Foundation.