The American Medical Association solicits annual nominations for the Dr. Nathan Davis Awards for Outstanding Government Service—considered one of the most prestigious awards honoring elected officials and career government employees.
These awards, named for the founder of the AMA, Dr. Nathan Davis, aim to recognize significant accomplishments to advance public health.
The Dr. Nathan Davis Awards for Outstanding Government Service awards the following 7 categories of elected and career public servants in national, state and local governments who have demonstrated outstanding contributions to improving public health:
- U.S. senator
- U.S. representative
- Member of the executive branch serving by presidential/political appointment
- Member of the executive brand in career public service
- Governor or elected statewide official
- Member of the state legislature
- Career public servant at the state or local level
Nominees who have met the following criteria will be considered for the award:
- Contributed significantly to the public health through elected and career government service
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership in his/her field
- Possesses high personal integrity
- Promoted the art and science of medicine via government service
- Developed a special project that contributed to the public health of a given community or special population
View a list of past winners (PDF) of the Dr. Nathan Davis Awards for Outstanding Government Service.
Deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, Nov. 3, 2017. While you may submit your nominations by mail, facsimile or email to [email protected], a registered delivery is preferred for your protection. Supplemental supporting material should be limited to no more than 10 pages.
Print and fill out a paper nomination and send to:
Dr. Nathan Davis Awards
Office of the Secretariat
c/o Suite 220
1401 Eye St. N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20005
For questions, please contact Terri Marchiori at [email protected]