Through the Excellence in Medicine Awards, the AMA Foundation recognizes physicians who exemplify the highest values of volunteerism, community engagement, leadership and dedication to the care of underserved populations.
Applications for the 2018 Excellence in Medicine Awards are now closed. Our application portal will be updated later in 2018 with information for the 2019 application.
List of awards:
Recognizes the work of a U.S. physician who has demonstrated altruism, compassion, integrity, leadership and personal sacrifice while providing quality health care to a destitute, distressed or marginalized population in an impoverished community.
- Made possible by Debasish Mridha, MD
Recognizes a physician who demonstrates active and productive improvement to the profession of medicine.
- Made possible by Edmond Cabbabe, MD and Rima Cabbabe
These awards aim to recognize significant accomplishments to advance public health.
Recognizes the work of senior physicians who provide treatment to U.S. patients who lack access to health care. These physicians remain dedicated to the future of medicine through the spirit of volunteerism.
Honors physicians whose lives encompass the true spirit of being a medical professional—caring for people.
Table of Contents
- Excellence in Medicine Awards
- The Dr. Debasish Mridha Spirit of Medicine Award for the Selfless Elimination of Human Suffering
- The Dr. Edmond and Rima Cabbabe Dedication to the Profession Award
- The American Medical Association Awards for Outstanding Government Service
- The Jack B. McConnell, MD, Award for Excellence in Volunteerism
- The Pride in the Profession Award