The Young Physicians Section (YPS) represents the voice of young physicians and advocates for the issues that affect their practices and their patients.
Get Involved in Young Physicians Section Policymaking
The AMA and its members play a crucial role in shaping health policy at all levels. The YPS encourages young physicians to get involved in different parts of the policymaking process.
The YPS considers resolutions in its Annual and Interim Assembly meetings. The resolution deadline for each Annual Assembly Meeting of the YPS is April 30 and the resolution deadline for each Interim Assembly Meeting is Aug. 30. Resolutions can be submitted via email to [email protected]. Download the YPS resolution template.
YPS Online Discussion Forum
The online discussion forum for the 2017 Annual Assembly Meeting is scheduled to open May 16, 2017. The section's reports and resolutions also will be available for download as part of the Interim Assembly meeting handbook. As is customary, delegates will also have the opportunity to testify on reports and resolutions during the YPS business meeting on Friday, June 9.
- YPS Convention Committees
The YPS through its Reference and HOD Handbook Review Committees help shape AMA policy by developing positions on issues of concern for young physicians. To volunteer for one of these committees, please email [email protected] or when you register for the YPS Assembly meeting. Learn more about YPS convention committees.
Young Physicians Section Policy Resources
- To get more involved, participate in the AMA Physicians Grassroots Network.
- Learn how AMA is advocating for physicians on a national level.
- Visit the AMA Litigation Center to learn how AMA assists physicians in the court room.
- Learn how to successfully communicate with members of Congress (PDF).
- Explore the AMA PolicyFinder to see what positions the AMA has taken on health care issues that impact your practice and your patients.