Donate to help improve the health of our nation.
Ways to Donate to AMA Foundation
Donate as an Individual
- Donate online today. Make your annual, recurring or one-time gift safely and securely using our online donation form. Gifts can be made in honor or memory of an individual at your request, and a card notifying the honoree of your gift will be sent.
- By mail. Annual, recurring or one-time gifts can be made by mail in response to direct mail solicitations, or simply by mailing a check made payable to the American Medical Association Foundation to:
American Medical Association Foundation
330 North Wabash Avenue, Suite 39-300
Chicago, Illinois 60611
- Making a planned gift through a will, trust, IRA or insurance. A charitable gift can help you achieve your financial and estate planning goals. To find more information on planned giving, or discuss specific issues relating to charitable gifts, please contact Jane Erb, Director of Major and Planned Gifts at [email protected].
- Donate stocks, securities and mutual funds: If you own appreciated securities (stocks, bonds or mutual funds held by you for more than 1 year), donating them to the AMA Foundation may allow you to reduce or avoid more capital gains taxes and receive a federal income tax charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the contributed stock. For questions about donating stock or securities, please send an email to [email protected].
Donate as a Corporation
Corporate gifts help build partnerships which develop high-impact initiatives that make a profound difference in improving the quality, access and delivery of our nation’s health. Find details on corporate giving opportunities and benefits.
Types of Donations
- Annual gifts: This type of donation benefits the programs we work to support every year, including our public health initiatives that fund free health care clinics and the awards and grants that benefit medical students.
- Recurring gifts: These are donations that you indicate you would like to recur on a schedule, such as quarterly, monthly, bi-annually or on a schedule of your choice. These recurring, scheduled gifts provide on-going support for our programs and allow our initiatives to grow over time.
- Endowment gifts: Endowment gifts provide the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy through support of an endowment fund. A gift to an endowment is invested and the return on this investment supports AMA foundation programs and initiatives. The investment of the remaining returns allows the fund to continue to grow in perpetuity and ensures its value for future generations.
The AMA Foundation has a formal gift acceptance policy, which is used in evaluating all contributions.
The policy governs the acceptance of all gifts to the foundation and provides guidance to prospective donors and their advisors when making gifts to the foundation. When warranted, the AMA Foundation Gift Acceptance Committee will review certain gifts before determining whether the gift can be accepted. To request a copy of the AMA Foundation’s Gift Acceptance Policy, please please send an email to [email protected] or call (312) 464-5852.