The House of Delegates (HOD) includes well over 500 voting delegates (and a corresponding number of alternate delegates), all who are members of the AMA and who have been selected by the organization they represent, such as state or territorial medical associations, national medical specialty organizations, professional interest medical associations, the federal services and the AMA’s member sections. Some organizations are also allowed to officially observe the proceedings of the HOD, although they are not able to vote.
The election materials for the current year will be available on the HOD's meeting web page 8 weeks prior to the meeting.
Resources for Delegates and Constituent Societies
- Delegate Roles and Responsibilities: Read more about the qualifications to be a delegate in the AMA HOD.
- House of Delegates Official Observers: Discover how to become an official observer at HOD meetings.
Delegate Contact Information
- Access the HOD Pictorial Directory to find delegate contact information
- Member Organizations of the AMA HOD: Learn who the member organizations are that send delegates to the HOD.
- Find information on the Specialty and Service Society Caucus, including the meeting agenda, guidelines for admission, governing council and what societies are included.