The AMA is committed to recognizing and honoring those who exemplify medicine's highest values: commitment to service, community involvement, altruism and leadership.
Available AMA Awards
- Distinguished Service Award
- Citation for Distinguished Service
- AMA Medal of Valor
- Scientific Achievement Award
- Benjamin Rush Award for Citizenship and Community Service
- President's Citation for Service to the Public
- Dr. William Beaumont Award in Medicine
- AMA Foundation Award for Health Education
- Isaac Hays, MD and John Bell, MD Award for Leadership in Medical Ethics and Professionalism
- Medical Executive Lifetime Achievement Award
- Medical Executive Meritorious Achievement Award
- Community Service Award
- Young at Heart Award
AMA Award Nomination Instructions
- Candidates may be nominated for more than one award.
- Nominations for awards should be presented on an official awards nomination form (PDF).
- Include a sponsor's statement and endorsement statements between 50–250 words.
- Include the candidates' curriculum vitae
- Please email nominations to [email protected].
For additional information, please contact: Roger Brown (312) 464-4344
AMA Foundation Awards
The mission of the AMA Foundation is to advance public health and medical scholarship through support of physician-directed initiatives.
The AMA Foundation is committed to improving the health of Americans by increasing support for public health programs, including grants for free clinics and health education projects.
Available AMA Foundation Awards
- Excellence in Medicine Awards
- The AMA Foundation Health Education Award
- Isaac Hays, MD and John Bell, MD, Award for Leadership in Medical Ethics and Professionalism
- Minority Scholars Award
- Physicians of Tomorrow Awards
- Arthur N. Wilson, MD Scholarship
The AMA Physician’s Recognition Award (PRA) honors physicians who have demonstrated their commitment to patient care through continuing medical education (CME).