Donate to help improve the health of our nation.
AMA Foundation Impact
Since 1950, the AMA Foundation has supported medical students, community-based organizations and health care professionals with a wide variety of scholarships and grants.
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, our reach continues to grow.
In 2015, the AMA Foundation awarded $937,000 in scholarships and grants including:
- $215,000 awarded through the Minority Scholars Program to 21 1st- and 2nd-year medical students
- $270,000 awarded through the Physicians of Tomorrow Scholarship program to rising 4th-year medical students
- $5,000 awarded through the Arthur N. Wilson, MD, Scholarship to a student from Southeast Alaska
- $150,000 through the Health Living Grant program to 20 community-based organizations in support of projects focused on prescription drug safety and cancer prevention awareness
- $70,000 through the Healthy Communities/Healthy America program to 7 free clinics in support of the implementation of the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program
- Through the Seed Grant Research Program, the AMA Foundation awarded a total of $190,000 to 52 young researchers in support of projects focused on cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, neoplastic diseases and pancreatic cancer