Hot topics covered at CME sessions during AMA Interim Meeting
Don't miss continuing medical educational (CME) events that cover trending health care topics at this year's meeting. Experts will present relevant information to help you thrive in your profession.
- 7:45-8:45 a.m.: "Legal and ethical issues in the practice of telemedicine"
- 8:30-11:30 a.m.: "The changing health care business model"
- 9-10 a.m.: "The future of quality"
- 2-3:15 p.m.: "The changing compensation model"
- 7:30-8:45 a.m.: "The educational implications of the single system for graduate medical education"
- 8-9 a.m.: "Update on Avera Marshall legal case: Contractual status of medical staff bylaws"
- 9-10:15 a.m.: "The educational implications of health system and insurer mergers"
- 9:15-10:15 a.m.: "Common bylaws mistakes and how to fix them"
- 10:30-11:30 a.m.: "Transforming roles in healthcare leadership: How physicians can effectively communicate with non-physician administrative leaders"
- 3-5 p.m.: Open meeting of the Litigation Center of the AMA and State Medical Societies
- 3-5 p.m.: "Antimicrobial resistance: The threat is real—the time to act is now!"
- 8-9 a.m.: "STEPS Forward™ update: Medical practice innovations"
- 8-9 a.m.: "How to integrate your practice while remaining independent"
- 9-10 a.m.: "Unconscious bias: Physicians, practice, patients—David Hunt, JD"
- 9:30-11 a.m.: "Combating America's opioid epidemic—strategies for physicians and medical societies"
- 9:30-11 a.m.: AMA Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs Open Forum
- 10-11 a.m.: "Making your practice more LGBT-friendly"
- 10-11 a.m.: "Developing physician leaders"
To complete the CME activity evaluation forms and save your certificates on the AMA Online Learning Center, you will be required to use your AMA username and password, so bring that information to the meeting. If you have questions regarding your username and password or to create a username and password before arriving at the meeting, please contact the AMA Unified Service Center at (800) 337-1599. Should you require support on Saturday or Sunday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Paper evaluation forms will not be available on site. Participants can claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ until Dec. 31.