Wednesday, June 26, 2013
News for International Medical Graduates
IMG Section elects new governing council officers
The AMA International Medical Graduates (IMG) Section's Congress ratified the following governing council officers for 2013-2014 at its 16th Annual Meeting:
- Padmini Ranasinghe, MD, chair
- Vijaya Appareddy, MD, immediate-past chair
- Lt. Colonel Ronit Katz, MD, chair-elect
- Rashi Aggarwal, MD, delegate
- June-Anne Gold, MD, alternate delegate
- Sabesan Karuppiah, MD, member-at-large
- Sumir Sahgal, MD, member-at-large
- Muhammad Usman Khan, MD, resident/fellow representative
Congratulations to the new AMA-IMG Section Governing Council officers. If you would like to join an AMA-IMG Section committee or receive information regarding the next AMA-IMG Section Governing Council election, email the section.
Now accepting abstracts: 11th annual AMA Research Symposium
Showcase your research at the 11th annual AMA Research Symposium Nov. 15-16 in National Harbor, Md. The symposium takes place in conjunction with the Interim Meeting of the AMA House of Delegates and is hosted by the AMA International Medical Graduates (IMG) Section, the AMA Medical Student Section, and the AMA Resident and Fellow Section.
AMA-IMG Section members who are certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates and awaiting residency may enter their research in one of three categories:
- Basic science
- Clinical medicine or clinical vignette
- Health policy or medical education
All abstracts must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time Aug.19 for consideration. Visit the symposium Web page to view detailed guidelines before submitting an abstract. Email the AMA-IMG Section or call (312) 464-5397 for more information.