Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013
Benchmark your practice performance to boost value
An AMA webinar at 7 p.m. Eastern time Feb. 27 will explain how to benchmark practice performance to prepare for value-based payments. Register today.
Hosted by the AMA Innovators Committee, this webinar will help physicians:
- Identify data sources and technology solutions to help measure performance.
- Assess the specific functionality they need in an electronic health record system or other technology solution to track performance and compare it against benchmarks.
- Pinpoint the measures most relevant to their practices.
- Understand how to track performance against benchmarks.
- Recognize suboptimal performance and implement a strategy for performance improvement.
Physician innovators will share insights they have learned from their own experiences benchmarking their practices' performance.
Physicians can earn continuing medical education credit in the form of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ by participating in this webinar. Registration is free for AMA members; nonmembers can sign up for $30. If you're not an AMA member, join today.
This webinar is the fourth in a seven-part series. Visit the AMA's Web page on next generation physician payment and delivery models to learn more about the Innovators Committee and register to view archived recordings of previous webinars.
Streamline claims processing with time-of-service payment
One effective way to simplify your claims process is to accept patient payments at the time of service. A new collection of AMA resources can show you how.
The AMA's new point-of-care pricing toolkit explains how to use newly available electronic patient-specific insurance eligibility information to notify your patients of their payment responsibility and accept payment at the time of service.
Three archived webinars also guide physicians in implementing time-of-service payment as a standard part of the claims process.
In addition, AMA members can access sample scripts (AMA login required) for practice staff to use in their interactions with patients to ensure they understand their payment options and the practice's policies.