Wednesday, March 21, 2012
News for Young Physicians
Run for an open seat on the AMA-YPS Governing Council
If you'd like to get more involved in organized medicine, consider running for an open seat on the AMA Young Physicians Section (YPS) Governing Council. The section is accepting nominations for the following positions:
- Chair-elect, who will serve a three-year term: one year as chair-elect, one year as chair, and one year as immediate past chair.
- Delegate, who will serve a two-year term.
Terms will begin at the close of this year's Annual Meeting of the AMA House of Delegates, which will take place June 16-20. Nomination forms are due June 1. After that date, nominations will be accepted only on June 15 during this year's AMA-YPS Annual Assembly Meeting.
Earn CME by viewing new education program webcasts
Learn about physician leadership, engaging members of the medical staff to improve quality and the future of the medical staff organization by viewing new webcasts from the AMA Organized Medical Staff Section. Physicians can claim continuing medical education (CME) credit for watching the webcasts. Titles include:
- "Doing the right thing for our patients: Leading as a professional" (1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
- "Engaging members of the medical staff to measure and improve quality" (1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™)
- "Future of the medical staff: Strategies for re-engineering governance and operations to advance clinical and strategic imperatives" (1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™)
AMA members can view these webcasts for free; nonmembers can watch them for $75 each. If you're not an AMA member, join today.
The American Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.