Wednesday, July 4, 2012
News for International Medical Graduates
Videos give tips on searching for residencies in FREIDA online
Five new instructional videos give helpful hints on getting the most out of your search for residency programs using the AMA's FREIDA Online® database.
FREIDA Online is a database with more than 9,000 graduate medical education programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, as well as over 100 combined specialty programs. The videos cover:
- Basic search skills
- Searches for specialties at an institution
- Searches for programs at an institution
- AMA member benefits on FREIDA
- Stats and background information, which are good for comparing programs and to learn what graduates of a specialty do next.
Join the AMA or renew your membership today to access the benefits of saving searches on FREIDA.
New AMA-IMG Governing Council members take office
Members of the AMA International Medical Graduates Section Governing Council for 2012–2013 began their terms in June following the Annual Meeting of the AMA House of Delegates. The governing council now consists of the following members:
- Vijaya Appareddy, MD, chair
- Padmini Ranasinghe, MD, chair-elect
- Nyapati Rao, MD, immediate past chair
- Sabesan Karuppiah, MD, delegate
- Ved Gossain, alternate delegate
- Ronit Ben-Abraham Katz, MD, member-at-large
- Rajendra Seth, MD, member-at-large
- Andres Deik, MD, resident/fellow council member
Email the AMA-IMG Section if you have questions about any of the section's activities.