Wednesday, July 4, 2012
This Week's News
This Week's News
New officers, new faces constitute AMA Board of Trustees for 2012-2013
Jeremy A. Lazarus, MD, a Denver psychiatrist, is the AMA's 167th president, while Ardis D. Hoven, MD, an internal medicine and infectious disease specialist from Lexington, Ky., is president-elect. Peter W. Carmel, MD, a pediatric neurosurgeon from Newark, N.J., is immediate past president.
The new chair of the AMA Board of Trustees is Steven J. Stack, MD (above), an emergency medicine physician from Lexington, Ky. The other executive officers on the AMA Board of Trustees for 2012–2013 include:
- Susan R. Bailey, MD, an allergist, immunologist and pediatrician from Fort Worth, Texas, vice speaker.
- David O. Barbe, MD, a family medicine physician from Mountain Grove, Mo., chair-elect.
- Andrew W. Gurman, MD, an orthopedic surgeon from Hollidaysburg, Pa., speaker.
- Stephen R. Permut, MD, a family medicine physician from Philadelphia, secretary.
- Robert M. Wah, MD, an obstetrician/gynecologist from McLean, Va., immediate past chair.
Newly elected members of the Board of Trustees are Malini Daniel, a medical student at the Stanford School of Medicine; Julie Goonewardene, associate vice chancellor for innovation and entrepreneurship for the University of Kansas; and William E. Kobler, MD, a family medicine physician from Rockford, Ill.
The returning members of the AMA Board of Trustees are:
- Joseph P. Annis, MD, an anesthesiologist from Austin, Texas.
- Alexander Ding, MD, a resident training in diagnostic radiology from Boston.
- Patrice A. Harris, MD, a psychiatrist from Atlanta, Ga.
- Barbara L. McAneny, MD, an oncologist from Albuquerque, N.M.
- Mary Anne McCaffree, MD, a pediatrician from Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Albert J. Osbahr, MD, a family and occupational physician from Hickory, N.C.
- Carl A. Sirio, MD, a critical care physician and internist from Pittsburgh.
- Georgia A. Tuttle, MD, a dermatologist from Lebanon, N.H.
- Monica C. Wehby, MD, a pediatric neurosurgeon from Portland, Ore.