CitizenReady Personal Preparedness Program
The CitizenReady® Personal Preparedness program is a standardized, national disaster health education program that provides critical medical and behavioral health information in the context of disasters and public health emergencies. The program will help citizens understand potential consequences of disasters and will furthermore teach methods of preparedness, response, and recovery.
The objectives of Are you ready? Personal Preparedness for Citizens are:
- Identify parts of personal disaster preparedness
- Learn how to recognize and report life-threatening situations
- List ways to increase personal and family resilience
- Identify resources for reliable information before, during, and after a disaster
- Understand the psychosocial effects of disasters and how to work toward recovery
CitizenReady instructor/facilitator materials
To successfully use the CitizenReady presentation in the PDF format, view in full screen. The materials are free of charge and will permit the facilitator to deliver a CitizenReady training program in their hometown.