AMA Advocacy on ACOs and CO-OPs
Consider the AMA your ally and advocate on issues related to Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans (CO-OPs) and other collaboratives. Find archived letters and other documentation related to our advocacy efforts on this topic. AMA policy, as well as official federal guidance related to this advocacy effort, is also provided.
AMA Letters to the U.S. Department of Health and HumanServices (DHHS) on ACOs
- On June 16, 2011 the AMA submitted comments to CMS on the Advanced Payment Initiative.
- On June 3, 2011 the AMA submited comments to HHS and CMS on the Medicare Shared Savings Program.
- On June 3, 2011 the AMA sumbitted comments to the CMS on their proposed rule on Medicare ACOs.
- On May 26, 2011 the AMA submitted comments to the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice on the proposed Statement of Antitrust Enforcement Policy regarding ACOs participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program.
- Dec. 2, 2010 Response to CMS Request for Information
- Sept. 27, 2010 Comments to FTC OIG and CMS ACO Workshop
- Aug. 12, 2010 Letter to CMS
AMA Letters to DHHS Affordable Care Act CO-OP Program
- October 11, 2011 AMA letter of support to CMS: HealthyCT’s CO-OP Application
- March 4, 2011 AMA letter to HHS: Affordable Care Act CO-OP Program
AMA Summaries and Policies
- Affordable Care Act – Summary of New Payment and Delivery Reform Models
- AMA CMS Report – Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Accountable Care Organization Principles
Proposed Federal ACO and CO-OP Guidance and Regulations
This compilation of federal documentation related to ACOs and CO-OPs will help you better understand the environment.
- Medicare Program; Waiver Designs in Connection with the Medicare Shared Savings Program and the Innovation Center
- The Proposed Statement of Antitrust Enforcement Policy Regarding Accountable Care Organizations Participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program, issued by the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice
- IRS Guidance and Solicitation of Comments
- April 15, 2011 CO-OP Federal Advisory Board Panel Recommendations