Join the PCPI
Membership is open to any organization or individual committed to health care quality improvement and patient safety that participates in the development, review, dissemination or implementation of performance measures and measurement resources.
The AMA-convened Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement® (PCPI®), through its collaborative composition and efforts, offers organizations and individuals the opportunity to help improve the quality and efficiency of health care delivery and to shape the future of health care. The PCPI works collaboratively to support physicians and other health care professionals.
Organizations eligible as full voting PCPI members include: the AMA, the American Osteopathic Association, all state and specialty medical societies represented in the AMA House of Delegates, the Council of Medical Specialty Societies, and the American Board of Medical Specialties and its member boards.
Organizations eligible as health care professional organization members of the PCPI with limited voting rights and specified privileges shall each:
- Represent health care professional organization members who are eligible to participate in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Physician Quality Reporting System; and
- Serve a professional discipline that is not already represented by a current full voting member of the PCPI; and
- Function as the principal membership organization of the relevant health care profession, or function as an umbrella organization representing, by agreement, multiple organizations serving the relevant health care profession.
Organizations and individuals eligible as non-voting PCPI members include those committed to health care quality improvement and/or patient safety, and participants in the development, review, dissemination or implementation of performance measures and measurement resources, including but not limited to organizations representing medical groups, consumers, purchasers and health plans, government agencies (such as the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, and the CMS), and those with knowledge, expertise and experience in the methodology of performance measurement or the science of quality improvement.
To join the PCPI, please complete and return the appropriate application form as well as the Profile and Material Interest Disclosure Statement.
- Organization membership application—member organizations may appoint primary, alternate and staff representatives
- Individual membership application—for an individual not representing an organization
If you are already a PCPI member organization and need to update your representation, complete and return the organization representation update form.
The PCPI membership applications and update form include an updated PCPI Conflict of Interest (COI) Policy that enhances the transparency of PCPI processes, helps assure PCPI work products are developed objectively and is consistent with relevant COI standards and guidelines.
All PCPI members must submit a completed Profile and Material Interest Disclosure Statement and otherwise abide by the PCPI COI Policy.
If you would like to comment or get more information, please contact us.