2014-2015 MSSOP Recruiter Calendar
Register as a recruiter
- 2014–2015 MSSOP kickoff and recruiter sign-up
- Set up your recruitment profile and order your recruitment kit and incentives
AMA Medical Student Section (MSS) Annual Meeting
June 5-7, Chicago
- Recruiter training session at Annual
- Recruiter training session Webinar (to occur after the session at Annual)
- Request an incoming first-year student class list from your school’s student affairs/administrative office.
- Develop a plan for recruitment. Meet with fellow section leaders at your school and develop an agenda for the activities fair and beyond.
- Begin planning a recruitment event through the Section Involvement Grant program.
- If your school permits it, place a welcome letter, event flyer, recruiter contact flyer and/or applications in student mailboxes. Be sure to include your contact information so the applications make it back to you.
Fall membership recruitment
- Send a pre-orientation welcome letter/email to first-year medical students prior to the activities fair. Be sure to invite them to visit the AMA table during the activities fair.
- Familiarize yourself with the medical student benefits brochure, the frequently asked questions and key points for your recruiting conversations flyers.
- Organize section members to recruit at the activities fair—your preparation will pay off!
- Promote AMA membership to all student nonmembers. Review or order more recruitment materials.
- Encourage immediate enrollment.
- Distribute and collect applications and payments, or bring laptops and direct students to the online application (www.ama- assn.org/go/joinstudent).
- Provide new student members with their membership incentive (four-year memberships only).
- Submit new member applications and dues weekly. (If you have application-related questions or need assistance, contact student membership.)
- Continue promoting AMA membership to nonmembers. Follow up with an email to students who did not join during orientation.
- Apply for recruitment funds through the Section Involvement Grant program to support your AMA section recruiting events.
Fall commission deadline: Nov. 7
- Membership applications applied to your section’s first commission check must be received by this date.
- Share your voice—watch your email for our MSSOP survey and tell us how we can improve the program.
AMA-MSS Interim Meeting, Nov. 6–8, Dallas, Texas
- MSSOP recruiter workshop will cover event ideas, program improvements, questions and answers, and more.
- Fall commission checks are distributed to eligible sections.
- Spring recruitment information is distributed to recruiters.
Spring membership recruitment begins Jan. 1
- Submit a Data Licensing Agreement to request a list of members and nonmembers at your school. (You are able to request this list at any time throughout the school year.)
- Contact AMA nonmembers at your school with membership information (reference benefits by year letter/email) and/or invite them to a section meeting.
- Set up spring event(s). Use these links for event ideas, planning support and additional recruiting materials. Invite and encourage nonmembers to attend. Remember to apply for a Section Involvement Grant to receive funding.
AMA-MSS Advocacy Day at the National Advocacy Conference and MSSOP Recruiter Focus Group
- Participate in the MSSOP recruiter focus group and feedback session if you’re planning to attend Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C. (February 2015), which is held in conjunction with the AMA National Advocacy Conference (Feb. 23–25, 2015).
Spring commission deadline: March 27
- Membership applications applied to your section’s second commission check must be received by this date.
Transition for following year
- Identify your recruiter replacement and set up a meeting to transition recruiter responsibilities. Send his or her name and contact information to MSSOP staff.
- Return unused Netter’s Anatomy Flash Cards or Rapid Review Pathology. Access the UPS Return Instructions document found in your recruitment kit. Do not hold onto unused incentives for the incoming recruiter.
- Spring commission checks are distributed to eligible sections.