AMA MVP Program—Wells Fargo
Take advantage of these benefits from the AMA MVP Program.
Now you can reach your educational goals with the help of Wells Fargo. Medical students can take advantage of the Wells Fargo MedCAP-XTRA® loan to help cover expenses related to relocation, internships, and/or medical boards and clinical exams.1
- Receive a 0.25% special interest rate discount for being an AMA member with an additional 0.25% in available discounts possible during repayment2,3
- Make no payments for up to 60 months after leaving school for M.D. and D.O. students4
- No cosigner required
- No application, origination, or early repayment fees
- Competitive fixed or variable interest rate options available
Wells Fargo Education Financial Services has more than 40 years of student loan experience. Learn more about education financing.
1 Wells Fargo private student loans are subject to credit qualification, completion of a loan application/consumer credit agreement, verification of application information, and if applicable self-certification form, school certification of loan amount, and student’s enrollment at a Wells Fargo-participating school.
2 Discount eligible at time of application, a quarter percent (0.25%) interest rate discount for the student or cosigner that is a AMA member, if a member qualifies for a greater interest rate discount through another applicable discount program, the greater discount will be applied.
3 Discount eligible during repayment: Interest rate discount is effective once you qualify for the discount – your monthly payment amount is adjusted at a later time.
- Automatically withdrawn payment discount (“ACH”) — 0.25% interest rate reduction to borrowers who have their payments automatically withdrawn from a personal checking or savings account. This discount does not apply to automatic bill payments set up solely by you. If the automatic payment is canceled at any time after repayment begins, the discount will be lost until automatic payment is reinstated. The 0.25% interest rate reduction is effective the day after the first payment is made using automatic withdrawal during the repayment period. Discount does not apply during any deferment or forbearance period.
Wells Fargo reserves the right to modify or discontinue interest rate discount program(s) for future loans or to discontinue loan programs at any time without notice. For details, including eligibility requirements, visit us at wellsfargo.com/student or call 1-877-419-7243.
Deposit products offered by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Member FDIC.
4 Allopathic and osteopathic medical students have a grace period of 36 months designed for residency completion that may be followed by up to 24 months of internship/residency forbearance, for a total deferment period of up to 60 months after graduation. All other students begin repayment six months after leaving school, or five to seven years after the first disbursement date (depending on discipline), whichever comes first. Interest continues to accrue during any deferment periods and is capitalized to the account upon entering repayment.