JAMA, the Journal of the American Medical Association, and its collection of specialty journals in print and online formats (JAMA Network) provide you with the research, reviews and opinion articles that are shaping the future of medicine. You can access a variety of innovative tools to get insights on the medical research and practice issues that matter most to you.
For Medical Students, Residents and Fellows
- Collections of articles: Explore JAMA and 10 JAMA Network specialty journals to find online articles by subject matter.
- Author video interviews: Watch authors give their perspective to gain a deeper understanding of a study’s objectives, findings and implications.
- The JAMA Network Challenge Mobile App: Download this app and learn to assess a patient’s case, study the images and take a quiz to see if you’ve chosen the best course of action.
- Print journals: Gain access to the authoritative source for cutting-edge research and thought-provoking viewpoints across medical specialties.
Leverage resources from the JAMA Network designed to help you in your clinical practice.
- CME courses: Obtain AMA PRA Category 1 Credit to continue your education.
- JAMA Clinical Guidelines Synopses: Read concise summaries of guidelines and recommendations in a streamlined format designed for busy physicians.
- JAMA patient pages: Access one-page articles that present key facts in patient-friendly terms to support you and your patients.
For Researchers and Authors
Explore JAMA to find the research tools you need to get your work published.
- Viewpoints articles: Locate timely opinions of leading scholars on a diverse range of contemporary medical issues.
- JAMA Guide to Statistics and Methods: Find clear explanations of statistical approaches and research methodology used in individual articles.
- Guidelines for publishing: Understand how to get your work published in JAMA and JAMA specialty journals.
AMA Members Can Access JAMA and JAMA Network Journals for Free
Access one of the most widely circulated peer-reviewed general medical journals in the world—for free. JAMA provides readers throughout the world with essential medical information and a forum to discuss and shape the future of medicine.
Sign Up for JAMA Publication Updates
Get email notifications when the latest articles are released from your favorite JAMA publications.