National Task Force on CME Provider/Industry Collaboration
23rd Annual Conference of the National Task Force on CME Provider/Industry Collaboration
Forces Shaping the Future of CME Collaboration: Solutions for Harnessing the Positive and Mitigating the Negative is the theme for the 23rd Annual Conference of the National Task Force on CME Provider/Industry Collaboration. The conference will focus on four significant forces shaping the future of CME Provider and Industry Collaboration including: Cost-Constraints, Quality Improvement, Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS), and Maintenance of Certification. The meeting, scheduled for Oct. 11-12, 2012 at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, will include expert analyses of how each "force" could positively or negatively affect the future of CME with examples of best practices for catalyzing positive change. J. David Haddox, DDS, MD, Vice President, Health Policy, Purdue Pharma L.P. will present the keynote address on how significant forces are shaping the complex environment in which CME providers and industry operate. Haddox will offer his insights on how these forces may positively or negatively affect future collaboration and the quality of CME.
The Shickman Lecture, presented annually to honor the late Martin D. Shickman, MD, who was a leader in demonstrating the importance of continuing medical education in quality patient care, will be presented by Carolyn M. Clancy, MD, Director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.A special thanks to the conference planning committee:
- Hilary J. Schmidt, PhD (Conference Chair) - Sanofi US
- Ed Dellert, RN, MBA, CCMEP (Conference Co-Chair) - American College of Chest Physicians
- Alejandro Aparicio, MD, FACP - American Medical Association
- Bruce Bellande, PhD, FACME, CCMEP - Deborah Wood and Associates Healthcare Communications Group
- SueAnn Capizzi, MBA - American Medical Association
- Lois Colburn - University of Nebraska Medical Center – Center for Continuing Education
- Maureen Doyle-Scharff, MBA, FACME, CCMEP - Pfizer, Inc.
- Marcella Hollinger, MEd, FACME - Illinois State Medical Society
- John Kamp, PhD, JD - Coalition for Healthcare Communication
- Pamela Mason, CCMEP, FACME - AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, LP
- Mindi K. McKenna, PhD, MBA - American Academy of Family Physicians
- Peter Rheinstein, MD, JD, MS - Academy of Pharmaceutical Physicians and Investigators and Severn Health Solutions
- Karen Roy, MSc, CCMEP – Principal Ardgillan Group
- Mike S. Saxton, MEd, CCMEP, FACME - American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Sidney H. Weissman, MD - Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
- Suzanne Ziemnik, MEd - American Society for Clinical Pathology
Contact the AMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.