- AMA awards $11 million to transform the way future physicians are trained
Eleven medical schools are being funded as part of the AMA's $11 million Accelerating Change in Medical Education initiative, which is aimed at transforming the way future physicians are trained. The selected proposals encompass many educational innovations, including models for competency-based student progression, total student immersion within the health care system from the first day of medical school, and increased use of health IT and virtual patients. Read short descriptions of each proposal and learn about the AMA's new plan for Accelerating Change in Medical Education.
- Read the new issue of AMA MedEd Update
Looking for information on graduate medical education and residency/fellowship programs?
- FREIDA Online
- Find an open residency or fellowship
- Introduction to the Practice of Medicine
Searching for continuing medical education resources?
- Find CME activities (by topic or format)
- AMA Physician's Recognition Award and Credit System
- Learn more about re-entry to clinical practice
Interested in a career in medicine?
Other AMA medical education resources/activities