Building a Higher-Performing Medicare System
Physician and health policy experts recently came together in a National Journal policy summit to discuss “Building a Higher-Performing Medicare System.” Underwritten by the American Medical Association, the summit and its participants examined the newest ideas for overhauling the Medicare payment system.
These experts discussed “common-sense ways that Congress and the health care community can work together to reimagine Medicare,” said the AMA’s Executive Vice President and CEO James L. Madara, MD, in introductory remarks.
That discussion was summarized in an easy-to-read recap published in the March 16 issue of the National Journal. Some common themes were:
- Eliminating the sustainable growth rate formula.
- Promoting physician leadership to implement new health care delivery and payment models.
- Embracing private-sector innovation.
- Implementing multi-payer solutions.
- Engaging patients to be part of the solution.
Download the recap today.