Heal The Claims Process™ Campaign
Drowning in paperwork? The American Medical Association (AMA) "Heal the Claims Process"™ campaign's goal is to help reduce the cost of managing the claims revenue cycle by providing resources about using electronic health care transactions. By using these electronic transactions, physician practices can eliminate many of the manual processes from their daily routines, so more time can be spent on direct patient care.
This year's campaign is focused on helping physician practices request and use electronic remittance advices (ERAs) and electronic funds transfers (EFTs), that will be available through the new Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-mandated EFT and ERA operating rules, effective January 1, 2014.
Access how-to toolkits to help your practice make the most of these transactions:
The campaign has helped your peers—how can it help your practice?
Learn how other physician practices have benefitted from using campaign resources to streamline claims processing—and learn how you can too!
Help heal the claims process, and work towards reducing the cost of claims processing for your practice.
The AMA Administrative Simplification Group is designed to encourage dialogue on a wide variety of topics to help your practice make the most of administrative automation, including:
- Best practices in administrative simplification
- Step-by-step tips on incorporating electronic remittance advice (ERA), electronic funds transfer (EFT) and more into your claims revenue cycle; and
- Solutions to real-life challenges in practice automation.
Comment on our posts—or create your own! Ask questions, share your best practices and join the conversations.
Streamline your claims process even more. Access additional toolits and archived webinars to help your practice use all the electronic transactions:
- Eligibility verification
- Claims submission
- Claims status acknowledgements
- Prior authorization requests
- Referral requests
- Electronic remittance advice (ERA)
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Workers' Compensation, Property and Casualty e-Billing
- Claims acknowledgement
Your practice can use the AMA Administrative Burden Index when determining your practice automation priorities and in conjunction with contracting. This tool can help your practice identify the cost of processing claims with seven of the nation’s largest commercial health insurers included in the AMA’s sixth annual National Health Insurer Report Card will also allow your practice to:
- Score the payers with which you do business
- Review your internal workflows to identify areas to increase practice efficiency
- Engage with payers and vendors to identify ways to increase practice automation
- Identify the associated cost of rework with a payer prior to contracting and take advantage of automated options from payers to potentially lower claims processing costs
- Automate claims revenue cycle workflows through the use of electronic transactions