Highlights from 2014 AMA State Legislative Strategy Conference
More than 200 medical association leaders discussed strategies for advancing medicine's top legislative and regulatory priorities for 2014 during the AMA State Legislative Strategy Conference in Tucson, Ariz., January 9 to 11. Read a conference recap.
A number of issues emerged as being crucial for state medical societies to address with their state legislature this year, including:
- Confronting health care costs
- Ensuring physician and patient concerns are at the forefront in Affordable Care Act implementation at the state level
- Transforming Medicaid
- Ensuring physician leadership of health care teams
- Advocating for sensible medical liability reforms
- combating prescription drug abuse and diversion
- Evaluating long-term practice sustainability and physician satisfaction through effective care delivery and payment
For more information on the AMA's state-level advocacy and resources, visit ama-assn.org/go/arc.