Women Physicians Section Membership
The AMA Women Physicians Section is a group of physicians and medical students dedicated to influencing and contributing to AMA policy and program development on issues of importance to women. The WPS works to:
- Provide a forum for networking, mentoring, advocacy, and leadership development for women physicians and medical students.
- Contribute to AMA efforts to increase the membership, participation, and leadership of women in the AMA.
- Monitor trends, identifying and addressing emerging professional issues affecting women in medicine.
- Expand AMA advocacy on women’s health and women in medicine policy issues.
- Enhance AMA cooperation and collaboration with organizations with mutual concerns, including the American Medical Women’s Association and other women physicians groups.
Membership in the WPS includes all female physicians and medical students who are active members of the AMA. Other active members of the AMA who express an interest in women’s issues shall be eligible to join the section.
Join today by using our online link to the Women Physicians Section Membership Form.
For any member that wishes to “opt-out” as members of the AMA-WPS, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.