Senior Physicians Section
Learn more about the benefits of belonging to the AMA Senior Physicians Section. Join the nearly 56,000 senior physician group members and remain active and involved in the AMA medical community.
- New! Register now for this year's AMA Senior Physicians Section (SPS) Interim Assembly Meeting, which will take place November 8 at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas. Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper, from The Cooper Institute will be the keynote speaker. Registration is open through Friday, October 31.
- Nominations are now being accepted for the Jack B. McConnell, MD Award, which recognizes the work of senior physicians who provide treatment to U.S. patients who lack access to health care. For more information, visit the AMA Foundation's Excellence in Medicine Awards page and click on the Jack B. McConnell, MD Award for Excellence in Volunteerism at the bottom of the page.
- Subscribe to AMA Morning Rounds Weekend Edition to receive a members-only compilation of top AMA, clinical and socioeconomic news from the week, and news for the AMA Senior Physicians Section. Be sure to indicate that you would like to receive news for the AMA Senior Physicians Section.
- Travel Opportunities are now available for 2015 through AHI Travel, a travel provider selected by the AMA for its members.
- View the program description and register for access on the Learning Management System for the June 2013 Joint Educational Program in Chicago entitled "The Aging Physician: Opportunities and Challenges."
- The AMA Insurance Agency offers customized solutions for your personal and professional needs. View new products and get a rate quote.
About the AMA-SPS
Any AMA physician 65 years of age or older is an automatic member of the Senior Physicians Section (SPS). The AMA-SPS is the largest senior physician group in the United States.
Staying active and involved
- Interested in returning back to practice? The AMA has developed re-entry resources that can help get you started. In addition, the AMA-SPS Governing Council would be interested in your feedback. Are you interested in full-time practice? Part-time? Free Clinics? Teaching? Let us know what resources would benefit you most at this stage of your career.
- Medical State Licensure Information for senior physicians
- Learn the facts about health system reform, and review the latest developments on the AMA's Advocacy Efforts
- Volunteer Opportunities for seniors
- State Licensing & Liability Laws (Updated August 2014)
Call to action
Dr. Samuel A. Cassell, MD, the Jack B. McConnell, MD Award winner, was recently honored at the Excellence in Medicine Award Reception in June 2014. He is pictured alongside Dr. Edmond Cabbabe, AMA Foundation President.
Contact us at:
AMA Department of Senior Physicians Section
330 N Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone (312) 464-5523