Senior Physicians Section
Learn more about the benefits of belonging to the AMA Senior Physicians Section. Join the nearly 55,000 senior physician group members and remain active and involved in the AMA medical community.
- View Interim Meeting highlights from the SPS Meeting in Atlanta. Dr. Daniel P. Hunt, Professor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine provided the keynote address at this year’s Assembly Meeting.
- Subscribe to AMA Morning Rounds Weekend Edition to receive a members-only compilation of top AMA, clinical and socioeconomic news from the week, and news for the AMA Senior Physicians Section. Be sure to indicate that you would like to receive news for the AMA Senior Physicians Section.
- Travel Opportunities are now available for 2016 through AHI Travel, a travel provider selected by the AMA for its members. View the 2016 travel program lineup.
- The AMA Insurance Agency offers customized solutions for your personal and professional needs. View new products and get a rate quote.
- Glen O. Gabbard, MD, Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine, presented a program on The Aging Physician: Possibilities and Perils during the AMA’s Annual Meeting. Learn more about the program and print out a copy of the slides.
About the AMA-SPS
Any AMA physician 65 years of age or older is an automatic member of the Senior Physicians Section (SPS). The AMA-SPS is the largest senior physician group in the United States.
Staying active and involved
- Interested in returning back to practice? The AMA has developed re-entry resources that can help get you started. In addition, the AMA-SPS Governing Council would be interested in your feedback. Are you interested in full-time practice? Part-time? Free Clinics? Teaching? Let us know what resources would benefit you most at this stage of your career.
- Learn the facts about health system reform, and review the latest developments on the AMA's Advocacy Efforts
- Volunteer Opportunities for seniors
- A copy of the State Licensing & Liability Laws, updated in October 2015, is available upon request. Please sent an e-mail to email@example.com if you are interested in receiving a copy.
Call to action
Dr. Sean Palfrey received the Jack B. McConnell, MD Award for Excellence in Volunteerism in June 2015. This award honors a senior (older than 55 years) physician’s commitment to volunteer medical care.
Contact us at:
AMA Department of Senior Physicians Section
330 N Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone (312) 464-5523