Senior Physicians Section
Learn more about the benefits of belonging to the AMA Senior Physicians Section. Join the nearly 55,000 senior physician group members and remain active and involved in the AMA medical community.
- Registration for the 2013 Annual SPS Meeting is now available. Check out the meeting site for more details.
- The SPS will hold its next meeting on June 14-15, 2013, in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the AMA House of Delegates, June 15-19 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Consult our meeting page for more information as it becomes available.
- The Jack B. McConnell, MD, Excellence in Medicine honoree has just been announced! Meet this year's winner from Great Barrington, Mass., Matthew Mandel, MD.
- The House of Delegates votes in favor of the formation of the Senior Physicians Section. Read more!
- Share your voice and experiences concerning key issues affecting senior physicians across the country! The AMA Senior Physicians Section has opened up an online discussion forum so you can share your thoughts on important issues. All AMA seniors are invited to participate in this newly launched online message board.
- Travel Opportunities are now available for 2013 through AHI Travel, a travel provider selected by the AMA for its members.
- Get Involved: The AMA offers many leadership opportunities for members to advance their skills within organized medicine.
- AMA Wire is a weekly news summary highlighting the latest and most concise news for senior physicians. Subscribe to AMA Wire today!
- The AMA Insurance Agency can offer customized solutions for your personal and professional needs. View new products and get a rate quote.
About the AMA-SPS
Any AMA physician 65 years of age or older is an automatic member of the Senior Physicians Section (SPS). The AMA-SPS is the largest senior physician group in the United States.
Staying active and involved
- Interested in returning back to practice? The AMA has developed re-entry resources that can help get you started. In addition, the AMA-SPS Governing Council would be interested in your feedback. Are you interested in full-time practice? Part-time? Free Clinics? Teaching? Let us know what resources would benefit you most at this stage of your career.
- Medical State Licensure Information for senior physicians
- Learn the facts about health system reform, and review the latest developments on the AMA's Advocacy Efforts
- Volunteer Opportunities for seniors
- State Licensing & Liability Laws (Updated October 2012)
Call to action
Matthew Mandel, MD, the Jack B. McConnell, MD Award winner, was recently honored at the Excellence in Medicine Award Program in February 2013. He is pictured alongside James Madara, MD; AMA EVP; Jeremy Lazarus, MD, AMA President; Owen Garrick, MD, Immediate Past-President, AMA Foundation; Matthew Mandel, MD, Honoree; Clarence Chou, MD, President, AMA Foundation and Jack Watters, MD, Vice President of External Medical Affairs, Pfizer Inc.
Products & services
Contact us at:
AMA Department of Senior Physicians Section
515 North State Street
Chicago, IL 60654
Phone (312) 464-5523
Fax (312) 464-5845