Section on Medical Schools (SMS)
Providing all U.S.-accredited medical schools and their faculty a voice in AMA policies
- Save the date: The next SMS meeting is June 6-7, 2014 in Chicago, in conjunction with the AMA Annual Meeting.
- Join the SMS.
- Learn how to oversee a safe and ethical international program for medical students.
- Check out a short YouTube video to learn more about the SMS and its role in academic medicine.
- Find out what the SMS has been working on at past meetings.
- Review updated lists of SMS representatives, faculty appointees, and at-large members.
About SMS: Provides all accredited U.S. medical schools and their faculty a voice in AMA policy.
SMS leadership: Meet the SMS Governing Council.
SMS members: Learn how you can join the SMS.
SMS meetings: Network with your academic physician colleagues, assist in developing AMA policy and discuss issues affecting medical education.
Resources: Find useful information and links of interest on issues pertaining to academic medicine and the Section.
Strategic Plan: Learn about the long-term goals of the Section.
Advocacy: Learn more about the Section’s and AMA's action on the issues you care about.