Section on Medical Schools (SMS)
Providing all U.S.-accredited medical schools and their faculty a voice in AMA policies
- Register now for the June 14-16 meeting of the SMS, in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the AMA House of Delegates, June 15-19 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
- See the draft agenda for the meeting.
- Reserve your hotel room by May 10 and obtain airline discounts for travel to the meeting.
- Review proposed reports and resolutions for consideration at the meeting.
- Check out a short YouTube video to learn more about the SMS and its role in academic medicine.
- Find out what the SMS has been working on at past meetings (most recently, its Nov. 2012 meeting).
- Review updated lists of SMS official representatives, SMS faculty appointees, and SMS at-large members.
About SMS: Provides all accredited U.S. medical schools and their faculty a voice in AMA policy.
SMS leadership: Meet the SMS Governing Council.
SMS members: View the three membership categories.
SMS meetings: Provides academic physicians an opportunity to network, assist in the development of AMA policy and discuss issues affecting medical education.
Resources: Find useful information and links of interest on issues pertaining to academic medicine and the Section.
Strategic Plan 2011 - 2014: Learn about the long-term goals of the Section.
Advocacy: Learn more about the Section’s and AMA's action on the issues you care about.