Section on Medical Schools (SMS)
Providing all U.S.-accredited medical schools and their faculty a voice in AMA policies
- Save the date: The next SMS meeting is June 6-7, 2014 in Chicago, in conjunction with the AMA Annual Meeting. The meeting theme will be interprofessional education.
- AMA members: Join the SMS now.
- View a YouTube video on the AMA's Accelerating Change in Medical Education initiative.
- Read a summary of SMS recommendations and AMA House of Delegates' actions on items of business at the AMA's 2013 Interim Meeting.
- Learn how to ensure that tomorrow's physicians practice high-value, cost-conscious health care.
- Learn how to oversee a safe and ethical international program for medical students.
- Check out a YouTube video to learn more about the SMS and its role in academic medicine.
- Who are the members of the SMS? Review lists of SMS representatives, faculty appointees, at-large members, and the SMS Governing Council.