Resources for physicians entering into an employment contract
The AMA has numerous valuable resources for its members to help you negotiate the best contract possible. Resources include:
Model Contract Agreements with Sample Copy: Annotated employment agreements, complimentary to members, provide thorough descriptions of basic contract terms typically found in agreements, as well as in-depth explanations of the significance of such provisions and language that benefits the physician employee.
- Model Physician-Group Practice Employment Agreement: The Annotated Physician-Group Practice Employment Agreement is written to assist physician-employees who are entering into employment contracts.
- Model Physician-Hospital Employment Agreement: The Annotated Hospital Employment Agreement addresses the specific needs of physicians who are preparing to negotiate an employment contract with a hospital, academic center or related entity.
Contracting Webinars: Numerous members-only educational webinars and vodcasts are available to provide presentations that you can access at your convenience. Topics include:
- Negotiate with Confidence: Know What's in Your Contract: Health care attorneys provided insight on how to negotiate a physician employment contract agreement. View the Presentation.
- Contracting 101: You Get What You Negotiate
- Physician Employment Contracts: Catherine Hanson, JD, AMA Vice President, Advocacy Resource Center
Additional webinars can be found online in the AMA webinar archives and in the "Succeeding from Medical School to Practice" video library.