Resources and Benefits for Residents
The following are some of the many resources and benefits available to you as one of more than 30,000 members of the AMA Resident and Fellow Section (AMA-RFS).
- Residency Vacancies: Locate programs seeking residents & fellows and employers seeking physicians.
- Residency Work Environment Learn about duty hour guidelines, reporting duty hour violations, Graduate Medical Education funding, resident income and debt relief,physician recruiter practices and much more.
- Visit the AMA-RFS Contracting page for tools to help you negotiate the best contract possible. Resources include: Model employment agreements that provide thorough descriptions of basic contract terms typically found in agreements, as well as in-depth explanations of the significance of such provisions and language that benefits the physician employee.
- AMA Career Planning Resource: Find information on everything you didn’t learn in medical school---from writing a CV and understanding employment contracts to managing your finances and deciding on a practice setting.
- Visit the AMA-RFS Handoffs page for resources on effective handoff techniques.
- Affinity Programs: Get AMA negotiated discounts on products and services. Check back on occasions since the AMA is continuing to expand these offerings.
- International Opportunities- Ensuring appropriate health care for all individuals is a preeminent concern for all physicians. The AMA-RFS is committed to providing its members with information about exciting opportunities for expanding their medical experience, including residency rotations overseas.
- Public Health Resources - Covers a variety of important topics, including health disparities, disaster response, obesity assessment and management, infectious disease, adolescent health, dementia, geriatrics, etc.
- AMA Wire - Read up on issues that are written by and important to residents and fellows.
- FREIDA Online - A database with over 8,400 graduate medical education programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and ABMS Board-approved combined specialty programs.
- AMA MedEd Update - This free monthly e-mail newsletter, covering a wide range of issues affecting graduate medical education, is a popular source of news and information for its 14,000 readers.
- Award, Grant and Internship Opportunities