AMA-RFS Annual & Interim Meetings
37th Interim RFS Assembly Meeting
November 14-16, 2013
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
National Harbor, Md.
The 2013 AMA-RFS Interim Meeting will take place from November 14-16, 2012, in National Harbor, Md. Meeting events will be held at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center.
Read the RFS Governing Council Chair's I-13 Letter which includes important meeting information and deadlines.
Online registration closed on November 4, 2013. On-site registration will be available at the meeting.
Positions on the following committees are avaialable:
- Reference Committee: Conducts an open hearing on items of business referred to it (resolutions and reports), and makes recommendations to the Assembly for disposition of its items of business through the preparation of reference committee reports for consideration by the RFS Assembly.
- Credentials Committee: Responsible for consideration of all matters relating to the registration and certification of delegates including credentialing delegates for business meetings, verifyng a quorum is present, and distributing ballots for elections.
- Rules Committee: Reviews late and emergency resolutions and makes recommendations to the RFS Assembly on whether or not to consider them as business of the Assembly. The Rules Committee shall also be familiar with the Rules of Order such that they can assist residents throughout the business meeting. Also responsible for collecting and tabulating ballots for RFS elections.
- Hospitality Committee: Aids the Speakers and Governing Council in providing an as member-friendly experience as possible for attendees of the conference.
The deadline for resolutions is October 11. Resolutions can be submitted to email@example.com.
We require that you research current AMA and AMA-RFS policy for your resolutions, state whether or not pertinent policy exists and cite this policy in your resolution. You can download the AMA Policy Finder and detailed information on how to write a resolution here. For assistance with AMA policy or other aspects of your resolution, contact AMA-RFS staff at (312) 464-4277.
The Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland (suburban Washington, DC) is the site for the 2013 Interim Meeting. Please note the following information regarding hotel reservations and flight discounts.
To book your room online go to www.ama-assn.org/go/interim2013 or call Gaylord reservations at 877-382-7299. Rates do not include 6% sales tax or 10% occupancy tax.
Atrium View Room, $299
Please make your reservation by the cutoff date of October 23, 2013.
Discounts are available on both American Airlines and United Airlines.
To book your American Airlines reservation online and receive a 5% discount, go to www.aa.com.
- Click on Refine Your Search
- Enter origin, destinatio, and travel dates
- Enter authorization code 41N3AB in Promotion Code box
To book on United Airlines, call United Airlines Meetings at 800-426-1122 and mention Z code ZZU8 and Agreement code 266314. The United discount may also be obtained on-line at www.united.com.
- Click on Advanced Search
- Enter origin, destination, and travel dates
- Enter ZZU8266314 in Offer Code box
Available flights will be displayed. When an available flight is selected the discounted fare will automatically be calculated. The discount is valid for travel 3 days prior to and 3 days after the official meeting dates.
The AMA is excited to announce its newest resource for resident and fellow physicians, the Resident and Fellow Quality Improvement Forum and Database. The webpage allows residents and fellows to share ideas about QI initiatives, and contains learning modules and resources to help you get started with your QI project. Now we need your help to begin populating the database with your QI project ideas, so visit the Forum and submit your projects now!
The 11th Annual AMA Research Symposium will take place on November 15, 2012 at the AMA-RFS Interim Meeting in National Harbor, Md.
If you attended the AMA-RFS 2013 Interim Meeting and would like a letter from the Chair of the RFS Governing Council to be sent to your Program Director(s) to thank them for allowing you the time to participate, fill out this Program Director Letter request form. Also please take a minute to complete the Interim Meeting Evaluation to let us know what you liked about the meeting and what could be improved.