Miles for Healthier Lifestyles
Medical students are practicing what they preach! On April 24, 2010, medical students from across New England, New York, and New Jersey will participate in the Miles for Healthier Lifestyles bike relay to support the AMA-MSS National Service Project, which focuses on the AMA Healthier Life Steps program.
The event includes a bike relay from Boston, Mass., to Rochester, N.Y., with kickoff events – including health fairs, exercise classes, health screenings, and nutrition counseling – to promote wellness and prevention in major cities along the route.
Schedule of Events and Route Maps
Learn more about what's happening when and where.
Template Media Advisory
Let local media outlets know about events happening in your community.
We are still seeking riders, kickoff event volunteers, safety car volunteers, and donations. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to vounteer.
AMA-MSS Region 7 wishes to thank the following Miles for Healthier Lifestyles sponsors for their generous support:
- American Medical Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society Alliance
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Boston University Department of Cardiac and Vascular Medicine
- Boston University Department of Cardiac Surgery
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Monrow County Medical Society
- Chowdaheadz Custom Printing
- Back Bay Bicycles
- Landry's Bicycles
- Shaw's Supermarkets
- Trader Joe's
- CVS Pharmacy