National Medical Student Meeting
Nov. 12-14, 2015
Join more than 600 of your peers at our national medical student fall meeting. This members only event provides a dynamic environment and multiple opportunities for you to:
- Learn: Hear from Tao Le, MD, author of the First Aid series and gain valuable tips to ace Step 1
- Practice: Sign up for clinical skills workshop that offers suturing, ultrasound, airway management and much more while touching on a range of specialties, including radiology, anesthesiology, ob/gyn, dermatology and orthopaedics
- Network: Meet your next mentor by networking with residents and physicians and attending educational sessions
- Shape medicine: Work with other medical students and physicians on policies that will help change medicine
- Lead: Run for an AMA regional delegate or national leadership position
- Give back: Participate in our National Service Project – Doctors Back To School
- Participate: Display your research or support the work of others at the 13th annual AMA Research Symposium
Register Now. Registration closes Nov. 7th. Delegate and Alternate Delegate Registration closes October 1st.
For information on meeting related deadlines, please visit the Meetings and Events page.
The AMA will have two hotels for the 2015 Interim Meeting: The Marriott Atlanta Marquis and the Hilton Atlanta. The National Medical Student meeting will take place in the Hilton Atlanta. Make your reservation soon – only limited space is available in the AMA room block
Airline discounts are available on United Airlines.
Upon booking your flight, complete the following::
- Enter origin, destination, and travel dates
- Enter ZTXM362176 in Offer Code box
Available flights will be displayed. When an available flight is selected the discounted fare will automatically be calculated. The discount is valid for travel three days prior to and three days after the official meeting dates.
A discount may also be obtained by calling United Airlines Meetings at 800-426-1122 (a service fee will apply) and mention code ZTXM and Agreement code 362176.
Have an idea for a program at the 2015 National Medical Student Interim Meeting? This is the place to share your thoughts. Topics at Interim 2015 should focus on:
- Clinical workshops
- Resources for clinical rotations
- Social media
- Residency panel
- Step prep
- Technology and innovation
- AMA Focus Areas (improving patient health, medical education, helping physician practices)
Provide the MSS with your ideas for programming at the National Medical Student Interim Meeting by filling out the Meeting Programming Ideas Submission Form
While we do our best to fit in every program, space is limited, so we cannot guarantee any program request submitted. If you have any questions, please contact your Speaker, Trishna Narula, your Vice Speaker, Theresa Phan, or the MSS. Please submit all ideas by August 15.
For information on MSS convention committees, visit the convention committee page
For information to apply for AMA-MSS postions, visit the MSS National Leadership Positions page.
For information on the symposium and submission procedures, visit the AMA Research Symposium page.
For information on past MSS Assembly meetings, please visit the past meetings page.