National Medical Student Meeting
MSS Annual Meeting
June 4-6, 2015
Networking, career advice, advocacy, community service, national speakers in medicine and educational programming are just a few advantages you'll gain from attending the American Medical Association national medical student meeting.
Hosted by the AMA Medical Student Section (MSS), our annual meeting will now extend through Saturday evening in order to offer you additional programming tailored to deliver relevant information and insights matched to each year and phase of your medical training. By attending this event and its many supporting activities, you can:
- Participate in dedicated networking opportunities with physicians from a variety of specialties and states. In addition to making your voice heard in health care policy.
- Learn about educational topics in the areas of innovation and technology, clinical skills, health care legislation, public health and improving health outcomes, and the business of medicine
- Interact with and receive career advice from residents and physicians in more than 50 specialty fields at the AMA Medical Specialty Showcase
Register Now for the Annual Meeting. Registration for Delegates and Alternate Delegates closes on May 1st.
A-15 information coming soon.
For information on meeting related deadlines, please visit the Meetings and Events page.
Airline discounts are available on United Airlines.
The United discount may also be obtained on-line at www.united.com. Once you have linked to united.com:
- Click on Advanced Search
- Enter origin, destination, and travel dates
- Enter ZTXM362176 in Offer Code box
Available flights will be displayed. When an available flight is selected the discounted fare will automatically be calculated. The discount is valid for travel 3 days prior to and 3 days after the official meeting date(s).
A discount may also be obtained by calling United Airlines Meetings at 800-426-1122 (a service fee will apply) and mention Z code ZTXM and Agreement code 362176.
Meeting ideas will be evaluated based on whether they align with the AMA's strategic focus, as well as, with the following focus areas for educational programming. The programming tracks at the 2015 MSS Annual Meeting will focus on:
- Public Health and Improving Health Outcomes
- Innovation and Technology
- Business of Medicine
- Healthcare Legislation and Advocacy
Provide the MSS with your ideas for programming at the MSS Annual Meeting by filling out the Meeting Programming Ideas Submission Form
While we do our best to fit in every program, space is limited, so we cannot guarantee any program request submitted. If you have any questions, please contact your Speaker, Laura Stone McGuire, your Vice Speaker, Jason Hall, or the MSS.
For information on MSS convention committees, visit the convention committee page
For information to apply for AMA-MSS postions, visit the MSS National Leadership Positions page.
For information on the symposium and submission procedures, visit the AMA Research Symposium page.
For information on past MSS Assembly meetings, please visit the past meetings page.