Medical students are represented in the AMA through their own democratic, policy-making body: the American Medical Association - Medical Student Section (AMA-MSS).
- Core Purpose
- Leadership Goals
- History of the MSS
- MSS Leadership Structure
The AMA-MSS is dedicated to representing medical students, improving medical education, developing leadership, and promoting activism for the health of America.
The AMA-MSS strives to be the medical students' leading voice for improving medical education, advancing health care and advocating for the future of medicine.
With projects, programs, and activities, the AMA-MSS will pursue being:
- The leading medical student organization for advancing issues of public wellness, community service, ethics, and health policy;
- The principal source for obtaining and disseminating information for medical students regarding medical education, residency training, and medical practice;
- The most representative voice and influential advocate for medical students and their patients;
- A dynamic organization that provides value to its medical student members.
- Advocacy: Caring advocates for our patients, our profession, and our medical student members.
- Leadership: The stewards of the future of medicine.
- Excellence: Commitment to provide the highest quality service, products, and information for our members.
- Integrity: Ethical behavior forms the basis for trust in all our relationships and actions.
History of the MSS
History of the AMA-MSS
The MSS has many levels of leadership spanning the local, state, and national levels. Read more to see if one of these positions are right for you!