The AMA International Medical Graduates (IMG) Section - handles direct responsibilities for the IMG Section Governing Council and is the principal contact for 38,000 IMG members of the Association. The IMG Section also fields many inquiries from unlicensed IMGs seeking entry into U.S. graduate medical education. All AMA members who are IMGs are automatically members of the IMG Section.
- Increasing the impact of International Medical Graduates (IMG) viewpoints in organized medicine.
- Acting decisively to promote IMG participation and visibility at all levels of organized medicine.
- Coordinating two-way communication between grassroots IMGs and organized medicine.
- Directly representing the views of IMGs in the AMA House of Delegates.
Scope of Mission
- To encourage and facilitate a consensus view among IMG members on topics of importance to the IMG community.
- To monitor and assist on matters having impact on the professional activities of the IMG community.
- To strive in support of any measures that will encourage the complete integration of IMGs into American medical practice.
- To gather and hold information of immediate interest to the IMG community.
Evolution & History of the International Medical Graduates (IMG) Section
This page gives an overview of the history and accomplishments of the AMA IMG Section, as well as how the IMG's participation in the AMA Evolved.
IMG Governing Council
Information on leadership and governance of the AMA International Medical Graduates Section.
IMG Physician Profiles
Profiles of IMG physicians in the U.S.