AMA-IPPS Meetings & Events
The 2016 IPPS Annual Meeting will be held Friday, June 10, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
Join us to see the IPPS mission in action: "To advance, through policy and education, the interests of multi-specialty, physician-led, integrated health care delivery, and groups actively working toward such systems of coordinated care."
Subscribe to the IPPS email list to be notified when additional information becomes available.
Recognizing the depth of knowledge and expertise within IPPS membership, the Section is seeking 2-3 members to present 8- to 10-minute TED-like presentations at the Annual Meeting on insightful topics related to physician-led integrated care. A list of potential topics follows; however, all topics are welcome:
- Why is it important for integrated care to be physician-led?
- How can physician-led integrated systems help educate and engage their physicians with regard to new payment models?
- Patient engagement will be essential in the quest to keep patients healthy and out of the hospital. How can integrated systems better engage patients? What has succeeded or not in your organization?
- Population health means different things to different people. From the IPPS perspective - what is population health and how can it be more clearly defined to others?
- Within the AMA, the IPPS is sometimes perceived as a Section for large systems only. How does your practice setting differ from the perceived “large system” and how can IPPS help build awareness of its diverse membership and increase visibility within the AMA?
Interested members should complete and return the short application form as soon as possible but no later than May 1, as proposals will be considered on a rolling basis.
New slotted seat for member from small/medium-sized practice
At its 2016 Annual Meeting, the IPPS will elect a new Governing Council member for a slotted seat for a physician from a small- to medium-sized group of 350 or fewer physicians. The time commitment for IPPS Governing Council members is approximately four to five days per year for the Council's three in-person meetings, plus four to six evening conference calls per year.
Please note that all nominees must be certified IPPS Associate Representatives--see "Become an IPPS representative," below, for more information.
Online meeting registration will be open through May 24.
Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, Ill. 60601
Book your reservations online or call Hyatt reservations at 888-421-1442.
Special Airline Discount
An airline discount is available on United Airlines, valid for 3 days prior to and 3 days after the official meeting dates of June 11–15.
To obtain the discount when booking online, click on All Search Options and enter your origin, destination and travel dates. Then enter ZW5Q537819 in the Promotions and Certificates offer code box. Available flights will be displayed. Once you’ve selected an available flight the discounted fare will automatically be calculated.
To obtain the discount over the phone, call United Airlines Meetings at (800) 426-1122 and mention Z code ZW5Q and agreement code 537819. A service fee will apply.
Special Shuttle Discount
GO Airport Express offers airport shuttle services between O'Hare and Midway Airports and downtown Chicago hotels.
- $21 each way from O'Hare
- $17 each way from Midway
These fares are only available through this reservation portal. Make your airport shuttle reservations.
Note: You must log in to your AMA account to download these documents. If you do not have an AMA account you will be prompted to create one. Creating an AMA account is free and open to both physicians (AMA member and non-member) and non-physician members of the public.
Available June 3
Education program materials
Available June 3
IPPS is pleased to announce its tentative education programming schedule for the 2016 Annual Meeting. Subscribe to the IPPS email list to be notified when program descriptions become available.
The non-hospital of the future
Friday, June 10, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Keynote speaker: Nick Dawson, Executive Director of Innovation, Johns-Hopkins Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Patrice Weiss, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Carilion Clinic
- Lawrence Chu, MD, Executive Director, Stanford Medicine X (invited)
MACRA and the future of value-based payment
Friday, June 10, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Richard Deem, AMA Senior Vice President for Advocacy
- Douglas Wood, MD, Medical Director, Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation
IPPS associate members are invited to submit resolutions on topics of interest to integrated groups and their physician members for consideration by the IPPS Assembly at the upcoming 2016 Annual Meeting.
Resolutions should be drafted using the IPPS resolution template, and must be submitted to Carrie Waller by May 1, 2016. Resolutions submitted after May 1 will be considered late and will require a 2/3 vote of the IPPS Assembly in order to be considered.
Although all AMA members are invited to attend IPPS meetings, only certified IPPS representatives may fully participate (e.g., submit resolutions, make motions, vote).