Council name change: To more fully reflect the scope of the issues it addresses, the name of the Council on Scientific Affairs (CSA) was changed in June 2005 to the Council on Science and Public Health (CSAPH).
On this Web site, Council reports from 1994 through the 2005 AMA Annual Meeting continue to be posted as CSA reports. Council reports from the June 2006 AMA Annual Meeting on are posted as CSAPH reports.
Summaries and Recommendations
2010 Annual Meeting
- Suicide in Physicians and Physicians-in-Training (Full Text)
- Update on the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Efforts to Improve Food Safety (Full Text)
- Genomic-Based Personalized Medicine (Full Text)
- Maldynia: Pathophysiology and Nonpharmacologic Treatments (Summary)
- Use of Electronic Cigarettes in Smoking Cessation (Full Text)
- Lead Levels in Children (Full Text)
- The Evolving Culture of Drug Safety in the United States: Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) (Full Text)
2010 Interim Meeting