The mission of the Council on Science and Public Health (CSAPH) is to assure the position of the AMA as the national leader in advancing the science of medicine as the primary mechanism for improving the quality of patient care, enhancing medical progress, and enhancing the health of the public. The key objectives of the CSAPH are:
- Promote the scientific basis of medical practice
- Promote the betterment of public health
- Enhance the quality of medical care
- Be a leader in science and public health advocacy
- Enhance the profile and priority of science and public health within the AMA and the Federation*
Approved: September 2004
Editor's note: The term "Federation" is used to describe the state, county, and specialty medical societies represented in the AMA House of Delegates that work together to advance the agenda of physicians and their patients.