The responsibilities of the Council on Medical Education include the following:
- Study and evaluation of all aspects of medical education, including ensuring that there is an adequate continuing supply of well-qualified physicians to meet the medical needs of the public;
- Review and recommendation of policies for medical education;
- Consideration and recommendation of the means and methods whereby physicians may be assisted in maintaining their professional competence and the development of means and criteria for recognition of such achievement; and
- Responsibility for the AMA remaining an accredited sponsor of continuing medical education.
- Details regarding AMA Council on Medical Education Member Tasks and Time Commitments.