Council on Long Range Planning and Development
The AMA Council on Long Range Planning and Development (CLRPD) and the AMA House of Delegates have key roles in identifying and making recommendations to the Board regarding important strategic issues and directions related to the AMA’s vision, goals, and priorities. The CLRPD's functions are:
- To study and make recommendations concerning the long-range objectives of the AMA;
- To study, make recommendations, and serve in an advisory role to the Board of Trustees concerning strategies by which the AMA attempts to reach its long-range objectives;
- To study, or cause to be studied, anticipated changes in the environment in which medicine and the AMA must function, collect relevant data and transmit interpretations of these studies and data to the Board of Trustees for distribution to decision making centers throughout the AMA, and submit reports to the House of Delegates at appropriate times;
- To identify and evaluate ways to enhance the AMA’s policy development processes and to make information on AMA policy positions readily accessible by providing support to the AMA’s outreach, communications, and advocacy activities; and
- To evaluate and make recommendations to the House of Delegates, through the Board of Trustees, with respect to the formation and/or change in status of any member component group or Section. The Council will apply criteria adopted by the House of Delegates.
The CLRPD welcomes your comments and questions.
Learn more about the current projects of the Council, and give us your input.
Health Care Trends Report: an environmental analysis
This resource provides a description of the critical factors that will likely influence medicine and the delivery of health care in the 21st century. Sections of the 2016-17 edition of the report are now available. Each of these sections has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Non-physicians may access the chapters and receive certificates of participation.
Complete list of the members of the 2015-2016 Council on Long Range Planning and Development.
Send your comments and questions to the Council on Long Range Planning and Development.