About the American Medical Association (AMA) Awards Program
The AMA recognizes excellence through the following Awards
- Distinguished Service Award
- Citation for Distinguished Service
- AMA Medal of Valor
- Scientific Achievement Award
- Benjamin Rush Award for Citizenship and Community Service
- President's Citation for Service to the Public
- Dr. William Beaumont Award in Medicine
- AMA Foundation Award for Health Education
- Isaac Hays, MD, and John Bell, MD Award for Leadership in Medical Ethics and Professionalism
- Medical Executive Lifetime Achievement Award
- Medical Executive Meritorious Achievement Award
AMA Awards Program Instructions
Nominations for 2016 Awards
- Candidates may be nominated for more than one award.
- Nominations for awards should be presented on an official awards nomination form, and emailed to the AMA Office of House of Delegates Affairs at the address below. You will need to download the form and submit the completed form as an email attachment.
- All pertinent information must be provided within the space provided on the form. Please complete multiple forms for multiple nominations.
- The sponsor's statement and endorsement statements, if any, should be of not less than 50, nor more than 250 words. Statements of endorsement are not required.
- Please include the candidates' curriculum vitae with the nomination forms in the e-mail submittal.
- Please email nominations by Feb. 26, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please contact: