Health Literacy Resources
Health Literacy Kit
The Health Literacy and Patient Safety: Help Patients Understand educational kit is the AMA Foundation's primary tool for informing physicians, health care professionals and patient advocates about health literacy.
The health literacy kit includes:
- an instructional video on DVD and CD-ROM
- an in-depth manual for clinicians
- additional resources for education and involvement
This 2007 version of the health literacy kit is updated from the previous version in that:
- the instructional video is now on DVD format.
- the manual for clinicians contains updated health literacy research data.
- it includes an extra packet of tear-off pads for the patient reception area display (for a total of two pads).
- the packaging has a slimmer and sleeker look.
Continuing Medical Education credit is no longer associated with this product
Original release date: May 2007
Date of most recent activity review: April 2009
Activity expiration date: May 2012
Disclosures for content reviewers:
Claudette Dalton, MD, Rockingham Memorial Hospital, Harrisonburg, Va. – Nothing to disclose
Daniel Oates, MD, M.Sc., Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass. – Nothing to disclose
Thank you to our supporters!
The 2007 Health Literacy kit is sponsored in part by AstraZeneca. Health Literacy is a program of the AMA Foundation. All content has been developed and produced by AMA Medicine & Public Health.